Symbol Key

In order to best understand my reviews, here's how to decode the symbols that I have used:

PRICING:
$= Entrees average less than $20
$$= Entrees average $20-$29
$$$= Entrees average $30 or more

LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY IN GETTING A RESERVATION:
Easy= Can book within the week of travel or possibly walk-in
Moderate= Tough to get desired time, but usually some availability
Hard= Must book 180 days out, or luck into a cancellation

RATING OF APPEAL TO KID-DINERS:
Are we done yet???= Little to offer in terms of exciting atmosphere or entertainment
This is cool! = A moderatly entertaining environment, that should keep your littles entertained for the majority of the meal.
What rides??? = Will entertain and delight your child enough to make them willing to forfeit another go-around on Dumbo


Friday, September 11, 2015

Tinkin' About... 10 Years of 'Ohana

Good evening, Tinkers!

     Tonight's post is much more personal than my posts usually are, but today marks an important date for me, which cannot go unrecognized. Today is my 10 Year Wedding Anniversary to The Hubs. And throughout our entire relationship, Disney has been a constant. We met on a Disney Cruise in 2003. We got married on another, (10 years ago today!), in 2005. We have had several homes, all decorated with Disney theming. Hundreds of special moments in Disney parks and on Disney Cruises. When we first saw a picture of the little girl who would come to be our daughter, we knew she was our very own Princess Tiana, and in fact, that was the middle name she chose for herself when we adopted her. We have always had a strong pull toward Hawaiian culture and symbolism, never really knowing why. We loved Lilo and Stitch, The Polynesian Resort, 'Ohana restaurant, and most recently, the Pixar Lava short. Well, it turns out that the name our son was given at birth means "from the heavens" in Hawaii. (And he is!) And just after meeting our two amazing kiddos in 2013, we took them on the trip of a lifetime, to Disneyland for my very first West Coast trip, and on a 14 Night Panama Canal cruise. It seemed like magical moments were everywhere, from our kids meeting Mickey for the first time, to our son learning to crawl on the ship.
     And now, here we are... living in Orlando. I'm trying to pursue my dreams and grow this blog into a career of what I do best... talking about and loving Disney, and sharing that love with not just my 'ohana, but with you, my Tinkers.
     So on this magic night, The Hubs and I are heading off to watch Wishes and enjoy one of our favorite Disney meals. And we will be sure and take a moment to remember that Disney really has made all of our wishes come true... and will continue to do so for years to come!
     To my husband, you are the Mickey to my Minnie and I LAVA you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question, comment, opinion or insight? Whatchya waiting for? Share your thoughts...